Our first environmental audit across our operations helped us to better understand the impact we are having on the environment. From this, we developed an environmental baseline and recommendations to aid us in achieving the carbon neutrality objective stated in the Strategic Plan 2009-2013.
The reporting framework utilised in the audit is closely aligned with the sustainable reporting guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). The following reports are available upon request to the Environment Officer:
- GRI Environmental Performance Indicator Summary Results 2009
- 2009 Greenhouse Gas Inventory Report
- Environmental Performance Report
- Waste Audit
In order to foster ties with other institutions engaged in the same activities and to improve information sharing, USQ has attained membership with the following industry organisations:
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) - Institutional member
- Australasian Campuses Towards Sustainability (ACTS) - Institutional member
Community Environment Group
USQ students, staff and local residents interested in doing something about the well-being of the environment and people in the university area are invited to join the USQ Community Environment Group.