USQ Sustainability pledge
With a community of 26 500 students and 1600 staff members USQ is committed to reducing its carbon footprint and strengthening environmental sustainability across its campuses. Staff and students are invited to show their commitment to creating a more sustainable future by pledging to make changes in their daily activities both on campus and in the home.
To assist you in your sustainability efforts the University will provide everyone who takes the pledge a Free KeepCup (a reusable coffee cup)
Take the Pledge
I pledge to support Sustainability at USQ by committing to the following actions:
- Turn off lights and equipment when not in use.
- Turn off air conditioning when not required.
- Car pool or alternatively have a Car-free day by either walking, cycling or taking public transport.
- Avoid business travel where possible and opt for a teleconference instead.
- Offset your domestic and international travel.
- Place recyclables in the designated bin. At USQ you can recycle many items everyday items such as plastic bottles, glass bottles, cans plastic food containers milk and juice containers newspapers as well as office paper, cardboard, e-waste, mobile phones, batteries, CD/DVD’s.
- Use a refillable water bottle not only will this reduce greenhouse gas emissions and waste it will save you money.
- Think before you print.
- Set your printer to double sided printing.
- Reduce your shower time to four minutes.
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth.
- Report water leaks to Campus Services.
Why the KeepCup?
Designed and manufactured in Australia the KeepCup is made from recyclable plastic. The KeepCup brand of re-usable coffee cups consumes less energy to produce compared to a ceramic mug, are lightweight, unbreakable and easy to carry.
- The standard medium size cup (340ml) is barrista designed and made to measure shots and small size coffees.
- It is made for #5 Polypropylene (the safe grade food plastic).
- The cup itself is recyclable at the end of its life (estimated around 4-5 years) Simply remove the silicon plug and band and dispose of the cup in your regular yellow recycling bin.
- Sealable and lightweight.
- No grooves or twist tops so it’s easy to clean.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Microwave safe (don’t microwave it with the lid on).
- Fits easily into car cup holders.
- The plug rotates 90 degrees to open and close the sipper hole completely for safety.
Pledge your support
USQ is collecting the following personal information as asterisked for university purposes of providing its tertiary education and related ancillary services and the associated functions. Your personal information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent unless required or authorised to do so by law.
USQ is collecting the personal information on this form for support for students and prospective students and for marketing purposes. Your personal information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent unless required or authorised to do so by law. Further information concerning privacy is available.