Academic Board, the principal advisory committee to Council on academic matters, is concerned with monitoring the academic activities of the University’s faculties, and the promotion and encouragement of teaching, scholarship and research. Underpinning this is the role of academic policy development and review. Academic Board is supported by a number of standing committees.
The functions of the Academic Board are:
- to consider and recommend to Council on policy relating to all aspects of development and accreditation or re-accreditation of programs, admission of students, teaching, assessment, requirements for graduation, scholarships, and research planning and management
- to consider and recommend on any matter referred to the Academic Board, by Council, Faculty Assembly, Faculty Board or the Vice-Chancellor
- to delegate implementation matters, including formulation of advice to Council, to designated executives assisted by such standing committees as it may from time to time establish
- to carry out periodic reviews of the implementation of academic policy and recommend such changes as it may deem desirable
- to monitor reports from its standing committees to ensure that their delegated responsibilities are discharged.
The Academic Board's full Terms of Reference * are available
The membership * of the Academic Board includes:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellors
- senior members of the University
- elected members of the academic staff
- President of the USQ Student Guild
- student representatives.
The Academic Board is assisted in its operations by the following standing committees:
Academic Board meets every 8 weeks at specific date and times as outlined in the University meeting schedule.
For additional information on the Academic Board or meeting documentation please contact the Acting Secretary to Academic Board.
*These files are in Portable Document Format (PDF) which requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Acrobat Reader may be obtained from Adobe. Users who are unable to access information in PDF should contact Student Support, telephone +61 7 4631 2063 to obtain this information in an alternative format.