A non-refundable fee of AUD50 is required upon application. Offers for a place in Residential Colleges will be mailed to you once your academic acceptance to USQ has been confirmed (eg when auditions are finalised or QTAC offers are made).
Please note: completion of an application form is not a guarantee of a place in the Colleges
|Accommodation type||Other features||
2014 Weekly fee (AUD)
|McGregor||Single storey block - single flat||Separate study room and own bathroom||
|Single storey block - single room (A-D)||Own bathroom||
|Single storey block - single room (E-K)||Bathroom shared between two students||
|Concannon||Double storey block - single room||Bathroom shared between two students||
|Steele Rudd||Single storey block - single bedroom (C-I)||Bathroom shared between ten students||
|Double storey block - single bedroom (B)||Bathroom shared between 15 students||
|Double storey block - single bedroom (A)||
Bathroom shared between 9-15 students
Self-catered facilities - kitchen shared between 4-6 students
* Annual fee is based on 30 weeks.
- Accommodation is charged on a weekly basis if required during orientation or vacation periods. The majority of residents vacate and return home during vacation periods.
- Residents are provided with accommodation on the basis that they remain in residence for at least a semester (15 weeks) under the terms and conditions outlined in the Rules of Residency .
Resident Student Club (RSC) fees
Each semester every resident is required to pay a Resident Student Club fee to the Resident Student Club of each college, who expend the funds for the benefit of residents.
As the University cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to your belongings, it is advised that you take out an 'all risks' insurance policy on your personal belongings and property.
Fee reduction procedures for resident accommodation, as outlined in paragraph 6.4 of the Rules of Residency, can apply in the following circumstances:
- a 'room only' fee of AUD120 per week when residents are away from Residential Colleges for more than a week for authorised academic programmes, illness or extenuating circumstances
- a 5% discount applies where fees are paid annually in advance by the due date and the student remains in residence for the academic year
- a 10% discount applies to a second sibling while both siblings are in residence.