What are they?
An Alumni chapter is a group of former students of the University who share a common interest and have decided to formalise their interactions with each other and USQ. Chapters may be organised as:
- regional groups (country, city, region or campus)
- educational areas (faculty or discipline area)
- residential college
- professional or industry area
- special interest groups.
The focus of an individual chapter can vary, but may include:
- networking and building social, professional and business relations with other USQ Alumni
- keeping in contact with friends from the University
- creating a support network in regional or isolated areas
- having regular social gatherings
- providing support to current USQ students in the area
- raising funds for a scholarship nominated by the chapter
- assisting USQ in achieving its objectives.
Alumni chapters are organised and operated in a formal way, with a committee selected from among its members. There are also Alumni groups, which are more informal than chapters.
If there is not already a USQ Alumni chapter in your region or area of interest, you may consider starting one. Starting a chapter is a great way to meet and interact with other USQ graduates in your area. Please refer to the USQ Alumni Chapter Handbook for details about establishing a chapter. If you have any queries or require a New Chapter Application form, please contact the Alumni Office.