Scholarships and Bursaries
At USQ we understand the importance of making higher education accessible for students of all ages and backgrounds. With financial concerns a major barrier to education for many; USQ Scholarships are essential now more than ever in helping students reach their educational goals.
We offer a variety of scholarships and bursaries to new and continuing students in a range of discipline areas. These range from $1000 one time bursaries through to annual scholarships of $5,000 and above. To ensure maximum benefit to all parties, USQ works with donors to tailor each individual. These scholarships and bursaries have been made possible through generous donations by companies and individuals within our communities.
Make a difference
When you contribute to scholarships and bursaries, you’re opening doors for students, who, without financial assistance, would not be able to access or achieve a university education. By making an offer of financial support, you will help students realise their dreams and reach their full their potential.
Scholarships can make university life a lot easier for students and can also provide many benefits for an organisation as there are many ways to structure a scholarship. A scholarship will assist the successful recipient with the financial burden of studying and can also provide them with the necessary practical industry experience that complements their theoretical studies. Employers can use the scholarship as a recruitment tool to assess the student’s abilities during their practical industry experience.
Scholarships with USQ are an excellent way to:
- raise aspirations and unlock the potential of talented young people
- keep talented students in the local region who then go on to contribute locally
- give industry and private sector a unique way of linking with the University and its students.
Benefits for organisations
- Promotion of organisation among students and the University.
- Raise the profile of the organisation and its reputation as a potential employer for students.
- Possible recruitment tool.
- A great way to meet potential employees and gain an understanding of their abilities.
- Active involvement with the University and contributing to a USQ student's future.
Benefits for students
- Monetary assistance for books, living expenses or program fees.
- Allows students to focus on their studies and reach their full potential without added financial stress.
- Practical work experience with an organisation and an insight into their chosen industry.
- Potential future employer upon graduation.
- Development of networks and career opportunities in the industry.
For more information, see the latest copy of the Advancement newsletter, Real People, Real Needs, Real Help .
If you wish to consider supporting our students please contact the USQ Alumni & Advancement Office. Our team will guide you through the process to help you decide in further detail what type of award best suits you, and what criteria will achieve your desired outcome.