- Christiansen, R 1988, Romantic affinities: portraits from an age 1780–1830, Vintage, London.
- Gurr, A 1992, The Shakespearean stage, 3rd edn, Cambridge University Press, England.
- Hawkes, T (ed.) 1996, Alternative Shakespeares, vol. 2, Routledge, London.
- Kinney. A, 2000, Renaissance Drama: An Anthology of Plays and Entertainments. Blackwell Publishing: Oxford, UK.
- McDonald, R 1996, The Bedford companion to Shakespeare: an introduction with documents, Bedford Books of St Martin’s Press, Boston & New York.
- McGrath, A 2002, In the beginning: the story of the King James Bible, Hodder & Stoughton, London.
The life and work of William Shakespeare
- Trailer for the 1998 movie of Shakespeare in Love – an alternate story to what most have thought about his life story. However it is a great look at his work in the theatre.
- Some websites regarding the life of Shakespeare you might like to visit are:
Discussion of key themes
- Garber, Marjorie (2005) ‘A Midsummer Nights Dream’ in Shakespeare After All. Anchor Books: USA.
- Orgel, Stephen (1996) Impersonations. Cambridge University Press: Great Britain.
- Greenblatt, Stephen (1997) ‘A Midsummer Nights Dream’ in The Norton Shakespeare. W.W. Norton & Company: New York & London.
- Lobanov- Rostovsky, Sergei (1997) ‘Taming the Basilisk’ in The Body in Parts: Fantasies of Corporealiy in Early Modern Europe. Routledge: New York, USA.
A Book on the Folk-lore of Shakespeare
Performance elements of USQ's adaptation