School Advisory Committee
The School of Information Systems Advisory Committee was formed in early 2007 with the aim to provide strategic advice as part of the annual strategic planning process; to assist the School in identifying needs and opportunities in teaching and research, and identifying issues relating to that part of the Faculty Portfolio Plan and Annual Assessment that relates to the School; to provide advice on accreditation matters, curriculum, courses and programs; and to provide advice and comment on School reviews and other major reports.
Membership of the committee consists of the Chair who is a member external to the staff of the University, the Head of School, two academic staff members of the School nominated by the Dean, a minimum of four people external to the staff of the University broadly reflecting the fields in the discipline and two enrolled students of the School.
Members of the School of Information Systems Advisory Committee are:
- Mr Peter Grant, Queensland Government Chief Information Officer (Chair)
- Mr John Williams, Chief Operating Officer, Toowoomba Heritage Building Society, Fellow of the Australian Computer Society
- Mr Trevor Henderson, Managing Director, Downs Microsystems and member of Queensland Branch Executive Council of Australian Computer Society
- Mr Neil Hegarty, HOD Information Technology, Harristown State High School
- Mrs Beverley Mesken, Leading Vocational Teacher, Southern Qld Institute of TAFE
- Professor Mark Toleman, Head, School of Information Systems, Faculty of Business and Law, USQ
- Mr Rohan Genrich, Associate Head, School of Information Systems, Faculty of Business and Law, USQ
- Associate Professor Aileen Cater-Steel, Senior Lecturer, School of Information Systems and Associate Dean (Research), Faculty of Business and Law, USQ, Fellow of the Australian Computer Society
- Dr Dave Roberts, Senior Lecturer, School of Information Systems; Director of Coursework Studies, Faculty of Business and Law, USQ; and Academic Director for USQ Sydney campus
- Mr Francis Gacenga, postgraduate student representative
- Mr Anthony Wright, undergraduate student representative
- Mrs Rae Jones, School Administration Officer, School of Information Systems, Faculty of Business and Law, USQ.