Student Equity CoP (SECoP)
Members of Student Equity CoP
The Student Equity Community of Practice (SECoP) formed in 2010. It provides advice to the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Social Justice) and inputs into, and makes recommendations to, the Social Justice Committee.
What is the focus?
To facilitate the awareness and understanding of student equity issues at USQ, endeavouring to inform and enhance individual and institutional practice via research and expert advice and knowledge sharing.
The SECoP is open to all staff within the University. It currently benefits from a diverse membership with staff from both academic and professional backgrounds.
What is the role?
The SECoP members are building a community and network of support to share and enhance practice by:
• Collegiality and knowledge sharing
• Engaging in reflective practice
• Conducting research
• Providing an advocacy role for student groups at USQ
• Developing, collating and sharing resources
• Professional development
• Informing the Social Justice Committee and other relevant bodies of our learnings.
Contact Phillip Eastment for enquiries.