Formal examination procedures
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of your exam timetable details, including the date, starting time and venue of your Formal Examinations. Important assessment information relating to Formal Examinations can also be found within your course specifications, which provides detailed information on each USQ course.
Prior to sitting for a Formal Examination, you should familiarise yourself with the Formal Examinations Procedure located in the USQ Policy and Procedure Library. You must ensure that you adhere to these procedures while sitting your Formal Examination.
- Students sitting Formal Examinations at Fraser Coast, Springfield or Toowoomba campuses and any other venues in Toowoomba MUST bring their USQ Student ID Card for identification purposes.
- Students attending examinations at all other venues MUST provide appropriate photographic identification ideally, USQ Student ID Card (or driver's license, passport) to sit their examinations.
- Students are required to leave photographic identification on display throughout the Formal Examination.
Communication and instructions
- With the exception of the Examination Supervisor, Students are not permitted to communicate in any form with other parties during a Formal Examination, including during any temporary absence from the examination room during the Formal Examination. Any such communication will be deemed to be cheating and treated as serious Academic Misconduct as defined in the Academic Integrity Policy and may result in the cancellation of the Student’s Formal Examination paper.
- Students shall comply with all instructions published in the Formal Examinations Procedure, on an examination paper, answer booklet, answer sheet, any notice displayed in the examinations room and with any reasonable instructions given by an Examinations Supervisor.
- Students are responsible for ensuring their name and Student number is recorded on their Formal Examination paper and all booklets used.
Entering and leaving the room
- Students who are feeling unwell on the day of their scheduled Formal Examination should not enter the examination room and attempt the examination and are encouraged to apply for a deferred Formal Examination.
- Students who are already sitting a deferred Examination are unable to apply for a further deferred Examination and should contact their faculty for advice.
- Once a Student has sighted the Formal Examination paper they are deemed to have sat the Formal Examination.
- Students will not normally be admitted to the examination room after 25% of the time allotted for the Formal Examination has expired.
- Students are not normally permitted to leave the examination room before the expiration of half the time allotted for the Formal Examination unless under exceptional circumstances.
- Any Student who needs to temporarily leave the examination room must obtain permission from, and be accompanied by, an Examinations Supervisor.
- Students will not be permitted to leave the examination room during the last 15 minutes of the Formal Examination
- No food or drink is allowed in the examination room with the exception of water in a clear unlabelled bottle.
- No electronic devices can be taken into a Formal Examination room (including electronic dictionaries and mobile phones).
- Students are required to provide their own writing instruments and any other permitted items.
- Students are not permitted to share or borrow Formal Examination materials/equipment under any circumstances.
- Students will not be permitted to continue writing once the Examination Supervisor calls an end to the Formal Examination.
- Students are not permitted to retain the blue Formal Examination paper or Formal Examination booklets.
Failure to comply
- A Student who contravenes or fails to comply with the Formal Examination Procedure may be subject to a misconduct charge as outlined in the Academic Integrity Policy.