Getting ready to graduate
Once you are eligible to graduate we will mail you your graduation information. You should receive this information approximately two weeks after the release of semester results. You will be sent:
- general graduation information, including ceremony information
- a complimentary official academic transcript, and
- a complimentary Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS).
If you believe you are eligible to graduate and do not receive your graduation information, please contact your Faculty for advice.
Graduation ceremony attendance
If you would like to attend a graduation ceremony you must complete your online Graduate Response Form available at UConnect > UDo > Student Centre > Self Service > Graduation > Graduation Ceremony Response. You must complete this online process indicating your attendance at a ceremony.
Please note if you are unable to attend a graduation ceremony and would like to have your testamur mailed, you also need to complete the online Graduate Response Form.
The online Graduate Response Form is accessible from your Student Centre once you are eligible to graduate and after official results have been released.
Cost to attend graduation ceremony
The cost to attend a ceremony at any of our venues in Australia is AUD90.00 This ceremony fee includes hire of your academic dress (collected at the ceremony when you register), your guest seats and light refreshments for you and your guests. An invoice is generated at the time of the online registration and is available in your Student Centre. We encourage you to pay through your Student Centre at the time of registering. No invoice is generated if you are manually registered by the Graduations Office staff and you will have to manually make payment to the Finance Office.
Paying your Ceremony Fee (if not paying through your Student Centre)
- credit card - if you wish to pay by credit card please phone our Finance Department on +61 7 4631 2583 or email email@example.com.
- cheque or money order - made payable to USQ and forward to the Finance Office, USQ West Street Toowoomba Qld 4350. Ensure you indicate your name, student number and that payment is for Graduation ceremony fee on the back of the cheque.
- over the counter at our Finance Office, J Block, USQ Campus (8.15am – 4.30pm).
If you are attending the Kuala Lumpur Graduation Ceremony, a Ceremony Fee of AUD90.00 is payable to USQ Finance. An additional refundable deposit of RM300.00 will be required for your academic dress on the day of the ceremony. Additional Guest Tickets will be purchased by arrangement with the Graduations Office for AUD40.00 per person. Please refer to the International ceremonies information for further details.
Wanting to attend a graduation ceremony at a later date?
If you would like to attend a graduation ceremony at a later date, you can, provided it is within 10 months of your official graduation date. Simply select the ‘Not Attending – Mail my Testamur’ option within the Graduate Response process. To ensure we are aware you would like to attend a ceremony at a later date, it is your responsibility to email the Graduations Office. Please note that if delaying your ceremony until March/May send us an email in early December of the year before the ceremony, or if delaying until September send an email at the end of July of the same year. Find out more about ceremony dates and locations.
Graduation information for International students
If you are an international graduand who would like to attend a graduation ceremony in Australia, you may need to obtain a visa to enter Australia. If you country requires you to have a written invitation to attend an Australian ceremony in order to obtain a visa. please email the Graduations Office. Before requesting a letter you will need to have completed the registration process.
Transport and accommodation
There are many transportation and accommodation options available to you close to each USQ campus. Parking facilities and public transportation is available at all three campuses.
- Toowoomba - accommodation and transportation options is available at the Toowoomba and Darling Downs Holidays website. If you would like to stay on-campus at one of our Residential Colleges please contact us on +61 7 4631 2450 or send us an email.
- Fraser Coast - accommodation options at Fraser Coast are available at the Fraser Coast Holiday website.
NB USQ Springfield, USQ Fraser Coast and the September USQ Toowoomba ceremonies are usually held off campus. Please check your venue when registering.