The USQ Springfield graduation takes place at the Ipswich Civic Centre, cnr Limestone & Nicholas Streets, Ipswich. Please arrive a least 2 hours prior to the ceremony as this will ensure you have enough time to park, register and receive your gowning before the Graduation March.
Gowning will take place in the Cunningham Room of the Ipswich Civic Centre and on arrival you will need to:
• Complete a Photographic Release Form
• Go to the registration desk where you will be registered and issued with gowning and a seating card.
• Make your way to the top of the Ipswich City Mall (outside of Woolworths) to assemble and be ready to take part in the Graduation March through Ipswich.
All graduands are required to participate – the March is no more than 300 metres and please be advised that appropriate footwear should be worn for this activity.
Please note that your guests will be seated in the Auditorium during the Graduation March.
The duration of the graduation ceremony is usually one and a half hours. At the conclusion of the ceremony you and your guests are invited to join USQ representatives for refreshments.
Don't forget to return your academic gowning to the Cunningham Room within one hour after your graduation ceremony.
Please remember that tickets are not issued for this ceremony, and there is no reserved seating allocated. Guests may select from the seats available on the day on either the ground/balcony level.
USQ provides professional photographers for the graduation ceremonies. If you have any queries please contact Silver Rose Photography using their online query form via their website or phone +61 7 3262 5788. Students can view their graduation photos after the ceremony at http://www.silverrose.com.au.
The venue has disabled access however, if you have any concerns regarding access please contact us in advance by email or phone +61 7 4631 1741 so that we can accommodate you and your guests on your graduation day. Our graduates are seated in the Graduand Seating Area in order of being called onstage, so if you or your guests have any special requirements please let us know.
The average temperatures in May range from a minimum of 20 degrees celsius to a maximum of 28 degrees celsius. If rain is forecast, the graduation march will be cancelled.
2015 Springfield Graduation:
The Springfield Graduation follows this order of proceedings:
- Graduation March to the Ipswich Civic Centre
- Graduand Procession
- Academic Procession
- National Anthem
- Official Welcome and Address
- Conferring of Honorary Degrees (if any)
- Graduation Address by Guest Speaker
- Musical Interlude
- Presentation of Graduates and Doctoral Candidates
- Presentation of University Medals (if any)
- Valedictory Address
- Closing Address
- Departure of Academic Procession
- Departure of Graduate Procession