Postgraduate Intensive Workshops
USQ Springfield offers postgraduate courses in 'block intensive' mode. This means that each course is delivered over two workshops (3 days each workshop) during the semester, not as weekly lectures.
All students attending these workshops receive full course materials and are able to commence their studies at the start of each semester, allowing time for reading and preparation prior to the workshops.
The benefits you may gain from block intensives are:
- access to the Library and other resources
- networking and collaboration with other students who are experiencing the same challenges and share the same interests
- meeting with the course lecturers and interacting with guest speakers from industry
- improving your study techniques and sharing study tips with other students.
Who should enrol in this mode?
This mode of study may significantly benefits students:
- who are studying externally and are able to be on- campus for 3 days
- who have family and work commitments that limit their capacity to devote time to study on a regular weekly basis
- who value interaction and collaboration
- who wish to obtain the best outcomes possible within a flexible learning environment.
Please note that if you are an international students you should talk to your course leader before enrolling in the block intensive mode workshops
If you are a full-time student and prefer weekly support for your studies, normal weekly lecture mode in Toowoomba may be the best option for you.
How to enrol in this mode
The enrolment process for the intensive mode workshops are the same as a normal course. To enrol log into UConnect > UDo > Student Centre > Enrol. When selecting individual courses, select ‘ONC' mode at Springfield, if it is available.
Instructions on understanding how to enrol are available if you have any difficulties.
The official workshop timetables are available approximately six weeks before the start of each Semester. The following schedules (draft) are now available:
Semester 1, 2014 (PDF*173KB)
Maps and Directions
Further information on the Springfield campus, including directions and maps is available.
Accommodation is available at the Student Village within Education City. If you would prefer to stay off-campus, there are a number of motels and apartments (PDF* 19KB) located within a 20 minute drive of the campus.
For assistance with transport, directions or accommodation, please contact the Faculty of Business and Law via email or phone +61 7 3470 4500.
*This file is in Portable Document Format (PDF) which requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Acrobat Reader may be obtained from Adobe. Users who are unable to access information in PDF should Student Support, telephone +61 7 4631 2285 to obtain this information in an alternative format.