What are Residential Schools?
Residential schools give students studying via distance education the opportunity to attend campus for face-to-face lectures and tutorials, use of the facilities and to meet our staff and other students.
If you are unsure if you are required to attend a residential school, check your program details for further information.
Please note that some residential school classes may be cancelled if not enough students enrol in the course.
The Residentials Schools categories are:
- Has an associated pass fail logic linked to a residential school element
- Students must attend to pass the course
- Students that miss the residential school will be dealt with in accordance with the Assessment of Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances Procedure and if approved, will need to attend the next offering of the residential school.
- Linked to an assessment item and non-attendance will mean a student misses an element for assessment preparation or an element of assessment
- A student that misses the residential school would have to obtain a minimum of 50% overall for the course in the remaining assessment items to pass the course
- Students who miss the residential school and apply for deferred assessment will be dealt with in accordance with the Assessment of Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances Procedure.
- Not linked to assessment
- Attendance for some programs is required to achieve optional Professional Accreditation requirements