Career Mentoring Program
The USQ Career Mentoring Program is designed to connect you (the mentee) with an experienced industry professional (the mentor) in order to prepare you for the transition from university to employment. In the program, you are given the opportunity to develop the tools, knowledge and networks necessary to achieve their career goals through a mentoring relationship.
The 2014 Career Mentoring Program will run from the 21st July to 17 October 2014 – consistent with the Semester 2 academic calendar. Student registrations for the Career Mentoring Program will open on the 19th May 2014.
The Career Mentoring Program aims to provide you with:
- opportunities to develop relationships with employers and industry
- a chance to enhance your personal development
- assistance at the 'coal face' to develop your professional career goals
- networking opportunities to enhance career progression
- opportunities to enhance your future employability
The Career Mentoring Program does not:
- guarantee future employment or work experience
- provide you with assistance in completing their studies
- identify your goals.
Wherever possible, you will be matched to a mentor who works in a similar field of study and is in a similar location. To assist with the matching process, you are given the opportunity to nominate their preferred mentor from a selection of mentor profiles. Mentors are sourced from business and industry.
How do I become a mentee?
Student registrations for the Career Mentoring Program will open on the 19th May 2014. All you have to do to register for the program, is login to CareerHub and complete the mentee registration form.
There are a range of mentors available including;
- Business and Management Mentors
- Commerce Mentors
- Communications Mentors
- Creative Arts and Humanities Mentors
- Education Mentors
- Engineering and Surveying Mentors
- Information Technology Mentors
- Law Mentors
- Nursing Mentors
- Psychology, Human Services and Counselling Mentors
- Science Mentors