Host our students
Hosting a USQ undergraduate student is an ideal way to develop your future workforce and assist a student to fulfil their career goals. USQ Career Development can work with you to provide our students with work related opportunities within your organisation. This can be facilitated through Work-Integrated Learning placements or through our Industry Experience Program.
Your organisation can benefit from hosting a student by:
- gaining exposure to the benefits of hosting an enthusiastic student with fresh ideas, enthusiasm and current discipline knowledge
- trialing potential employees on-the-job without obligation
- adding to your workforce in an inexpensive time to manage the busy times or projects you never get time to address
- making a valuable contribution to the career development of students
- securing and developing new talent, helping reduce the impact of the current skills shortage
- establishing a mutually beneficial partnership relationship with USQ.
Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
Work integrated learning (WIL) describes a wide range of learning experiences undertaken by students to better prepare them for future employment. One of the most beneficial WIL experiences is a work placement which involves working with a dedicated professional who can coach, mentor and supervise this important aspect of the student learning journey.
Our WIL brochure contains more information about hosting a student including what students can do in a placement, how long the placement goes for, and arranging insurance cover.
Industry Experience Program
The USQ Industry Experience Program has been designed to assist students to develop their employability skills, knowledge and understanding of career opportunities in their chosen industry. This program is a practical learning-based industry experience program that allows an organisation to host a student for unpaid industry experience for up to 30 days over a designated period of time.
If you would like to host a student as part of the Industry Experience Program, please register by completing the USQ Industry Experience Program - Expression of Interest Form on CareerHub or contact the Industry Experience and Development Officer.
USQ has entered into a contract of insurance indemnifying the student and the Industry Experience provider against liability for personal injury or property damage suffered by the student, the Industry Experience provider or another person arising out of the work experience.
USQ Career Development manage the formalities for the placement of an Industry Experience student within your organisation.
Other Employer Services
USQ Career Development provide a number of employer services and can also assist you by:
- promoting available opportunities, via CareerHub, mail and email service and on-campus presentations
- recruiting and shortlisting suitable students
- arranging interviews
- conducting Employability Skills Workshops, where students are informed of workplace standards, etiquette and safety
- arranging all required legislative documentation and insurance coverage
- maintaining contact throughout the duration of the placement
- evaluating outcomes of Industry Experience Placements.
*This file uses Portable Document Format (PDF) which requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Acrobat Reader maybe obtained from Adobe. Note: users who are unable to access information in the above format should email USQ Career Development.