Skip to main content


There are a number of accommodation options for you to consider while you study at USQ. It is important to think about what is best for you and what will suit your lifestyle, budget and living needs.  For more detailed advice please make an appointment with Welfare to discuss your options. 


The USQ Residential Colleges in Toowoomba gives students academic, community, social and leadership opportunities to make your university experience a fulfilling and memorable one.

Fraser Coast

Contact Student Services (Fraser Coast) who can assist you in finding suitable accommodation.


The Springfield Residential Village is a community situated within Education City and offers accommodation, cafes, restaurants, shops and student services all in one central location.


Contact Student Services (Ipswich) who can assist you in finding suitable accommodation.

Rights and Responsibilities and Share Housing

The Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) administers the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008. The RTA provides free tenancy information to tenants, deals with bond lodgement and refund services, offers services for tenancy disputes and can investigate breaches of the Act. 

Students often choose to share a home with other people to make living more affordable. If you have chosen this option, it might be helpful to read through the Share Accommodation (PDF* 260KB) fact sheet to give you a better understanding of tenants and lessors rights and responsibilities.

*This file uses Portable Document Format (PDF), which requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Acrobat Reader may be obtained from Adobe. Note: users who are unable to access information in the above format should contact the Welfare to obtain this information in an alternative format.