Your student account
Your student account gives you access to USQ systems which help you with your studies.
With your student account you will have access to:
- USQStudyDesk, and
- campus computer labs.
Your username and password
You will need your USQ username and password (also known as your log in) to access your student account. Your log in details are important as they protect your privacy and provide some protection to your resources.
Further information on your username and password including changing your password and retrieving your forgotten password is available.
From Semester 1 2015, Students will be provisioned with an internet allocation for downloading and browsing while on campus using the student Computer Labs and Wireless Network. Downloads from USQ sites and sites which have been added to the quota free list are not included.
What does this mean for me?
- Internet traffic is managed through 2 thresholds amounts: Threshold 1: 20GB and Threshold 2: 30GB
- Student Internet traffic will be monitored.
- ICT recommends you review the “Acceptable Use of ICT Resources” Policy
- You will receive email notification when nearing each threshold advising your internet speed will be limited (shaped) until your download total over the next 30 days falls below the first warning notice ( 90% of threshold 1).
- Additional Internet allocation cannot be purchased
Printers are available for you in the Computer Labs around campus. Further information on printing, including your print quota and printer locations is available on the Student Printing Services webpage.
Policies and Standards
To ensure you use USQ computing systems correctly, please read our policies and standards.