USQ username and password
Your username and password is an important element of your studies as it gives you access to all the systems you need throughout your time at USQ.
What is my username and password?
Your username has been created from your student number. The third digit of your student number (it will either be a 1, 3 or 5) has been changed to a lower case letter (1=q, 3=d and 5=w). The next seven numbers form the last part of your username. For example:
- Student Number: 0011234567 Username: q1234567
- Student Number: 0031234567 Username: d1234567
- Student Number: 0051234567 Username: w1234567
- Student Number: 0061234567 Username: u1234567
Changing your password
Your password will expire every 90 days and we will send you a reminder email to change your password. To change your password:
- Login to UConnect
- Click Password (in the top right corner)
- Type in your current password
- Type in your new password in the 'New Password' box.
- Retype your password in the 'Confirm New Password' box and Save.
- You should get a message advising you that your password has been successfully saved.
- Click continue to return.
If you change your password but it isn’t working correctly you may need to clear your temporary files in your web browser. To do this via internet explorer:
- Click on the 'Tools' menu and then choose 'Internet Options'.
- Within the 'General' tab, click on the 'Clear History' button in the lower right corner. Note that this image is for Internet Explorer version 6.0, what you see may vary slightly depending on the version of Internet Explorer you're using.
If you’re problem is still occurring after you have cleared your internet files, please contact the ICT Service Desk for assistance.
Forgotten your password?
If you have set up a question and answer to retrieve your forgotten password, go to the UConnect log in page and select forgotten password.
Alternatively, contact the ICT Service Desk to reset your password.
If you would like to setup a question and answer in case you forget your password:
- Log onto UConnect
- Click the Password link (in the top right hand corner)
- Click the Set Questions and Answers link
- Choose and answer 3 of the 4 questions
USQ password guidelines
Your USQ password must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least eight characters long.
- Must not contain three or more continuous characters from the user ID or full name.
- Must not be one of your 10 previous passwords.
- Must include at least three out of the five following categories.
- Uppercase alphabetic characters (A-Z)
- Lowercase alphabetic characters (a-z)
- Numerals (0-9)
- Non-alphanumeric characters (for example: !, $, #, or %)
- Unicode characters
We recommend your password should:
- not contain any name of your family member or friends, pets etc
- not be a common word or name found in a dictionary ie it should be hard to guess
- be significantly different from prior passwords
- contain at least one symbol character in the second through seventh positions, eg A$c*E9g8
- never be written down and stored in an obvious place
- never be given to anyone including your lecturers, family or friends. Do not allow other people to use your access unsupervised as you will be held responsible for their actions.
Don’t forget that your passwords are case sensitive; if you create a password using upper and lower case, you must remember that each time you type your password.