Reducing your enrolment
International students who are studying in Australia on a student visa are required to maintain an enrolment that will allow them to complete their program in the time specified on their Confirmation of Enrolment (COE).
However we understand that sometimes circumstances arise which may affect your ability to undertake the enrolment load required in a compulsory semester. Eligible circumstances are:
- medical reasons
- at risk of not meeting academic progression
- extenuating personal circumstances
- USQ unable to offer a pre-requisite course
- full time enrolment not possible due to additional credits / recognised prior learning.
How to request enrolment in less than a full time load
Submit a request to enrol in less than a full time load form and submit to your Faculty Program Coordinator at least 5 days prior to the last day to drop. Please ensure all supporting documentation is attached to the form at the time of submission.
You will be notified by your faculty via email of the decision to approve or deny your request. Please note that you are not permitted to drop courses unless your Faculty approves this request.
If you are successful in obtaining a reduced study load:
- the reduced load is granted for one semester only
- it may extend the overall length of the program
- additional costs for tuition fees, overseas student health cover, visa medicals & xrays and student visa extension may apply
- you will be require to participate in USQ's academic support and intervention program/s.
Please note that information you provide may be shared with the Australia Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), Department of Education as required by law, if requested.
*This file is in Portable Document Format (PDF) which requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Acrobat Reader may be obtained from Adobe . Users who are unable to access information in PDF should contact Student Support, telephone +61 7 4631 2285 to obtain this information in an alternative format.