Renewing your student visa
To renew your visa, you should lodge your application with the Australia Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) a minimum of 4 weeks (28 days) before your current student visa expires.
You will need to start this process at least 6 to 8 weeks before your current student visa expires.
Please note that you need to have a chest x-ray done at least 2 weeks before your visa medical examination.
The table below provides a timeline guide:
|Student visa expiry date||Recommended Chest X-ray date||Recommended Visa medicals date||Recommended Visa lodgement date|
|15 March||18 January||1 February||15 February|
|31 July||12 June||26 June||3 July|
|31 August||13 July||27 July||10 August|
|30 September||10 August||24 August||7 September|
|31 December||9 November||23 November||7 December|
Applying to renew your Student Visa from inside Australia
- Ensure your Passport is valid for at least 6 months when you submit a visa application
- Complete and lodge an eCoe request form . This form can be handed into Student Support or emailed to International Student Support.
- Renew your Overseas Student Health Cover with your OSHC provider.
- Obtain a chest x-ray and medical examination (if required)
- Submit your application via the DIBP website.
If you have any questions on the above information you can submit a question via USQAssist > Ask a Question (Question Type: Other).