The Audio Suites are used for studio recording, editing, and post-production, to ensure a professional standard of audio is met in all DMS productions. The acoustically treated recording booths are about 3m x 6m, but other arrangements can be made if a larger space is needed (eg for choirs or bands). Facilities enable staff to capture to most audio formats. High quality portable recording equipment is also available for location video productions as well as standalone audio capture.
These services available to staff to enhance your learning environment:
- digital audio recording and editing
- audio mixing and post-production
- audio post and voice over recording for video productions
- consultation on the use of audio to enhance learning
- location recording
- music and sound design for video and multimedia productions
- format conversions, dubbing, and transfer (including: CD, DAT, minidisc, cassette, and most digital file formats)
- consultation on appropriate audio formats, compression techniques or delivery methods for multimedia and online productions
- sourcing and auditioning acting and voice over talent.
More information is available at the Audio production site.