Benefits of a career at USQ
Choosing a career at the University of Southern Queensland can provide employees with a wide variety of financial, lifestyle, career, workplace and community benefits and options.
Many of these benefits were formally recognised in the UniJobs Best University to Work for in Australia competition where USQ was ranked by our staff as number 3 in the top 10 Australian universities in 2010 and number 5 in 2012 across important employee welfare areas such as organisational development, work hours, employee benefits, health and well being, training and development, health and safety, equity and overall management.
Workplace and community benefits
- Free car parking on University campuses.
- Retail facilities including the Darling Heights Post Office (PDF 99kb) on the Toowoomba campus, food outlets and other services available on all campuses.
- Diverse opportunities to engage with the local communities, including linkages with the USQ Corporate Club.
- An outside employment policy which provides employees with the opportunity to undertake other activities in the community.
- A targeted annual reduction in the University's carbon footprint of 10% per year with a commitment to a carbon neutral operation across all campuses by 2020.
*This file is in Portable Document Format (PDF) which requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Acrobat Reader may be obtained from Adobe. Users who are unable to access information in PDF should contact Trudi Davidson to obtain this information in an alternative format.