43. Hours of Work (Foundation/Uniprep and/or English Language Teaching Employees)
43.1 The ordinary hours of work for a full-time Foundation/Uniprep and/or English Language Teaching employee will be under existing University practices and the following will apply
43.1.1 A Foundation/Uniprep and/or English Language teaching employee will not normally be required to:
- undertake more than 18 contact hours each week;
- undertake more than five and a half (5.5) contact hours in any one day;
- take evening or weekend classes or formally organised evening or weekend excursions unless by mutual agreement with the delegated officer;
- undertake contact hours for more than 40 weeks each annum unless by mutual agreement with the delegated officer; or
- be involved in more than two student activities (maximum three (3) hours duration each activity each day) in any course period, unless variation to this arrangement is made by mutual agreement.
43.1.2 The ratio of teachers to students in NEAS accredited courses will average 1 to 15, with a maximum of 18 in student visa classes (as per NEAS accreditation requirements).
43.1.3 The ratio of teachers to students in other classes will, as far as possible, follow NEAS accreditation requirements.