Staff support, equity and diversity
The staff support, equity and diversity function within Human Resources supports equal opportunity in employment and assists the University to provide a safe workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination, and one that values a diverse culture.
- To ensure that USQ complies with the requirements of relevant affirmative action and anti-discrimination legislation and government policies.
- To ensure that the skills and abilities of employees are measured equitably.
- To ensure that judgements pertaining to employees and students are based on merit, rather than on stereotypes or discriminatory values, thus encouraging an organisational climate that will attract and retain employees and students of the highest calibre and maximise their contribution to the University.
- To ensure that all complaints in the area of equity and diversity are dealt with by the work area promptly, efficiently and on a confidential basis.
- To enhance the accountability of its activities and USQ performance in the area of equity and diversity by full and timely reporting to internal and external bodies.
The staff support, equity and diversity function within Human Resources provides assistance, advice, support and information to employees of the University as part of the University's responsibility to ensure equality of opportunity in employment, and ensure that it meets legislative requirements through the implementation of equitable and diverse workplace practices.
Staff Support and Equity Advisor
Harassment and Discrimination Contact Officers
Harassment and Discrimination Contact Officers (HDCOs) are located in work areas across the University and are able to provide services and advice to employees and students on a wide range of equity issues. HDCOs are recruited through a nomination process.
A range of support services are available to assist employees and students in relation to equity issues:
You may also be interested in the policies, strategies and programs that have been developed in relation to staff support, equity and diversity.