USQ Equal Opportunity for Women Achievement Award
The USQ Equal Opportunity for Women Achievement Award is a partnership between the Status of Women in Employment and Education Committee (SWEE) and Human Resources. Each year the Vice-Chancellor presents awards to recognise the contributions of individuals and groups who have sponsored or developed initiatives supportive of a university culture that values the contributions of women. Two award categories are available:
- Equal Opportunity for Women Achievement Award, and
- Equal Opportunity for Women Achievement Citation/s.
The awards are in recognition of contributions made by individuals/groups that have sponsored or developed initiatives supportive of a university culture that values the contributions of women, both staff and students.
Award nominations and applications
Human Resources will advertise annually for nominations.
Nominations are encouraged from individuals or groups for initiatives that:
- Foster the career enhancement or education of women at the University; and
- Contribute to the development of a University culture which values the achievements of woment; and
- Have been implemented or established within the preceeding five year timeframe.
Nominations can be made by:
- Deans, Managers, cost centre decision-makers, Heads of Department, Supervisors;
- Colleagues, students or peers.
Nominees are requested to prepare a brief application using the EO Achievement Award Nomination Form (DOC 195kb) . Nominations must include:
- A statement detailing how the initiative has contibuted to positive cultural change or to improvement in working and/or study conditions for women at the University
- Specific examples and (where available) documentation of outcomes.
- The names of two nominators. Self-nominations must be accompanied by the names and contact details of at least two other staff (referees) who are willing to support the nomination
Nominations will require the names of two nominators; self nominations must be accompanied by the names and contact details of at least two other staff who are willing to support the nominee as detailed on the EO Achievement Award Nomination Sheet (DOC 195kb) .
Assessment of nominations
Nominations for the EO Award will be reviewed by an appropriately constituted panel that is convened by the Chair of the SWEE committee. The panel will assess the nomination submission and accompanying documentation, and will evaluate the merit of the nomination/s based on:
- the extent to which an initiative/project/achievement has fostered the career enhancement or education of women at the University, and
- the contribution it has made to the development of a culture which values the achievements of women.
Referees will be invited to provide a verbal or written statement regarding the initiative and the efforts of the nominated person/team.
The panel will identify the most worthy recipient/s for the EO Award and the reasons for the decision. The names of successful recipients wlil be forwarded to the Vice-Chancellor for approval and for presentation at the end of year USQ Staff Awards Ceremony.
Please contact the Staff Equity and Diversity Office in Human Resources for further information.