Employee self service (ESS)
Employee Self Service (ESS) is a web-based system which allows you to monitor and update your own records, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, including:
- maintain personal information, such as home address and emergency contacts
- view payslips and pay rate change history
- update bank accounts and pay distribution information
- submit leave applications (absence requests)
- view leave history
- enter qualifications, licences, certificates, professional training and language skills.
ESS Quick Reference Guide (PDF 221 KB)
Manager Self Service (MSS)
Supervisors are also able to manage and access information regarding their team members, including:
- manage leave (absences)
- view personal information and training summaries
- request and/or approve reporting changes and transfers
- view and approve updates made to qualifications, licences and certificates.
MSS Quick Reference Guide (PDF 221 KB)
How to access ESS
You will be able to access Self Service via the HR Self Service or Manager Self Service buttons on your UConnect homepage.
How to use ESS
The UTrain (PeopleSoft Online Learning) provides an on-demand, step by step, simulated training on how to use ESS:
- UTrain > Self Service > Employee Self Service
- UTrain > Self Service > Manager Self Service.
Need further help?
For ESS system or technical enquiries please email email@example.com. For all other general Human Resource enquiries please contact your HR Client Services Team.