Leadership and management development
As a manager or supervisor at USQ you have a vital role in encouraging and supporting employees so that they can readily demonstrate behaviour consistent with our core values:
- Respect - We respect each other and value diversity of people, culture and ideas within USQ’s community.
- Integrity - In all we do, we apply and expect the highest personal, professional and ethical standards. Together we act with transparency, consistency and fairness.
- Excellence - Through expertise, innovation and creativity, we work together to excel in all that we do as a University community.
By engaging skilled managers and equipping them to perform their roles, we increase our ability to attract and retain excellent employees with the opportunity to succeed personally, professionally and organisationally.
Great workplaces come in all shapes and sizes, however they share four characteristics:
- They are values-based organisations with a clear vision of the future
- They have created a sense of community, where people feel a strong sense of belonging and optimism in the future
- They have development strategies to help realise their full potential
- They have created a performance culture where high standards of performance are set, and demanded.
USQ Leadership Development Strategy and Talent Framework
USQ has a leadership development strategy aimed at increasing capacity and capability in our leadership pool. The Framework for Building a Pipeline of Leadership Talent at USQ provides the conceptual structure for USQ's talent identification and development initiatives in this area.
As part of the leadership talent strategy, the following programs have been created for leaders, managers and supervisors at USQ .
Ignite: Empowering USQ's Leaders
Since 2012, Human Resources has sponsored a comprehensive capacity development program aimed at USQ leaders, managers and supervisors at all levels in the organisation.
The Ignite: Empowering USQ’s Leaders Program aims to ensure that managers and leaders have the skills, capabilities and competencies to effectively lead and manage employees in our increasingly competitive market place and ensures the University is equipped to face talent management challenges such as attracting, engaging and retaining talented staff.
Aspire: Inspiring Women's Advancement at USQ
As part of USQ's commitment to gender equality and advancing the careers of women, the University has developed a leadership program specifically for women who are either in, or aspire to be in, leadership roles at USQ.
The Aspire: Inspiring the Advancement of Women at USQ Program offers a range of opportunities for women to succeed personally, professionally and organisationally.
Managers and supervisors are encouraged to attend relevant sessions from the HR Learning and Development program dedicated to building leadership capacity. There are also a range of other development programs on various topics designed to enhance your skills, knowledge and personal growth.