The Division of ICT administers the connection infrastructure for USQ campuses and colleges, consisting of:
all physical voice and data cabling, termination points and reticulation systems within buildings;
pit and pipe networks;
communications risers, IDF's, MDF's, FDP's, data outlets;
telephone handsets (analogue, digital, IP), other CPE, PABX systems, call accounting systems (hardware and software), and
interfaces (hardware and software) to universal messaging systems (SMS, Facsimile, WAP, Blackberry etc).
The Utility Services area processes requests for:
- new telephone connections;
- extension changes and moves;
- new telephone handsets or problems with telephone handset;
- new extension numbers;
- mobile telephones for USQ staff, and
- universal messaging systems, eg Blackberry.