Application Development, Maintenance and Enhancement
What is this service?
Application development undertakes the analysis of client business processes and requirements, identifies and prepares specifications and system and functional requirement documents for exisiting and potential business applications. This service also supports, maintains and enhances existing applications and provides interfacing with core system data.
What does this service include?
- Initial consultancy for identification of an application solution, whether packaged, hosted, open source or requiring development
- Development of stand-alone software to deliver a key business function to the university or faculties/departments
- Development of corporate software interfacing to core systems
- Analysis, design, building, testing and releasing of developed applications, including technical documentation
- Analysis and design for implementation of a hosted package solution
- Interfacing service to integrate a hosted or third-party system to core University data or other applications
- Maintenance and enhancement of USQ supported systems
- Consultancy to analyse, investigate and assist in resolving support requirements or problems with applications
- What is not included in this service?
What is not included in this service?
- Enhancement and maintenance on non-USQ supported systems.
What can you expect from us?
| Service availability
|| 8am-5pm Monday to Friday|
| Support hours
|| 8am-5pm Monday to Friday. 6am-8am each Wednesday is a maintenance window used for applying patches and updates. |
| Maintenance Window
|| Full maintenance is carried out on monthly basis at weekends (normally a Saturday).|
How do I access this service?
If you require an enhancement to an existing application or need to report a failure, contact the ICT Service Desk or log a failure or service request through ICT Self Service.
Requests for new applications or enhancements to existing applications are submitted via the New Service Request form.
Is there a charge for this service?
Initial investigative or analysis services, maintenance and support of USQ supported applications are funded by the University and provided at no additional cost to staff. If extensive analysis or development work is required, then a charge consistent with the cost of providing staff will be applied.
When was this service last reviewed?