Staff and Guest Computing Accounts
What is this service?
This service adds new staff and updates exisiting staff information to various systems. It updates existing staff information including room and phone numbers for staff search, Outlook global address list and distribution list membership.
What does this service include?
- Adding and updating room and phone numbers for staff search and Outlook global address book
- Creation of pseudo accounts for specific interest groups and guests requiring use of USQ computing facilities
- Adding and removing names from USQ distribution lists
- Handling special requests from HR, Faculty Deans or Department Managers to update contract end dates in PeopleSoft
- Provision of new passwords and handling password resets for USQ staff and guest pseudo accounts. Staff requesting a password change must provide their full name, room number and contact number for the request to be actioned
What is not included in this service?
- Reactivating a staff account where a contract has expired and the account has closed
- Changing a staff member's name (eg when a staff member gets married)
- Extending contract end dates
What can you expect from us?
| Service Availability
|| 24/7 |
| Support Hours
|| 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday |
How do I access this service
The ICT Service Desk is the first point of contact for enquiries regarding staff and guest accounts. You can also log a failure or a request for service using ICT self service.
Is there a charge for this service?
Staff and guest computing accounts are funded by the University and provided at no extra cost to USQ staff.
When was this service last reviewed?