Computing Support (Staff)
What is this service?
Computing support is a combination of services required to provide an efficient and reliable computing environment for USQ staff. It comprises a Standard Operating Environment (defined standards for hardware and software) support for desktop, notebook (laptop) and tablet computers purchased from preferred hardware vendors (DELL, HP, Toshiba), combined with maintenance and support services. Failures and support requests are registered through the ICT Service Desk and issues will be resolved using remote access tools where possible, and/or scheduled site visits where necessary.
What does this service include?
- Remote and on-site support for Windows, Macintosh and Linux desktop computers, notebook computers and tablets with the Standard Operating Environment (SOE)
- Installation of computers for new staff, along with standard software configuration printer and network connectivity
- Problem diagnosis and resolution of standard hardware and software environment (SOE) and network faults. ICT support officers will resolve issues over the phone using remote access tools and schedule on-site visits where necessary
- Reconnecting relocated computer equipment to the USQ network
- Sourcing repair quotes for equipment that is out of warranty
- Purchasing advice for software, purchasing advice for new computers. See also list of Corporate Software
What is not included in this service?
- Physical relocation of computers.
- Support for computers outside of the SOE experiencing problems due to a modified SOE
- Student computers
- Support for staff personal computers
- Computers that are out of warranty and have been disconnected from the network will be not be reconnected
- Requests for network connection for non-standard computers that have been purchased with the agreement they will not be connected to the USQ network, will be denied
- Backup or recovery of data stored locally on a PC or external storage device
- Support for Windows Vista
What can you expect from us?
|| ICT Service Desk
Critical incident response during support hours
| Immediate response for failures affecting staff access to their desktop computing environment.
|Critical incident resolution during support hours
|| Within 4 hours for failures affecting availability of a service that impacts all USQ staff.
How is priority of service calculated?
Priorities are calculated according to an impact and urgency matrix.
The ICT Service Desk is the first point of contact for access desktop support. You can also log a failure and request support using ICT self service.
Is there a charge for this service?
Provision, management and support for staff computing conforming to the SOE is funded by the University and provided at no additional cost to staff.
When was this service last reviewed?