Data Backup and Restoration
What is this service?
ICT Services provides data backup and restoration services to USQ faculties and sections. The data backup and restore service backs up data stored on individual Home Drives (H: Drive) and Shared Drives (J: Drive) together with data stored on the computing equipment housed in the ICT Data Centres.
What does this service include?
- Daily backup of data from J: Drives and H: Drives
- Restoration of backed up data on request
- Storage of backed up data in a secure remote facility for a normal retention period of 6 months
- Reporting on the success and/or failure of data backups upon request
- Provision of daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly backups dependent on user requirements, by request
- Provision of extended retention period for backups, upon request
What is not included in this service?
- Backup of data stored on individual desktop computers such as C: Drive. USQ staff are responsible for the regular backup of data stored on their computer hard drives
- Backup of data not stored on computing equipment within a Data Centre facility
- Restoration of individual emails or entire mailboxes from backups
What can you expect from us?
How do I access this service?
The ICT Service Desk is the first point of contact for enquiries regarding data backup and restoration. You can also log a support request using ICT self service.
Is there a charge for this service?
Data backup and restoration services for content stored on individual H: Drives and Shared J: Drives is funded by the University and provided at no additional cost to staff.
When was this service last reviewed?