Equipment Hosting in the ICT Data Centre
What is this service?
The Data Centre manages and maintains five data centres in Toowoomba, Springfield, Fraser Coast and Stanthorpe. The data centres are used to host USQ computing equipment. The Data Centre provides facilities for faculties and operational units to house their server (computer) equipment.
What does this service include?
- A secure hosting facility with access available to authorised personnel
- A facility with constant temperature and humidity
- Access to computing equipment during business hours
- Access to equipment outside of business hours if required, by prior arrangement with Data Centre staff
- Battery and generator power when mains power is lost
- Network connectivity to USQ's network
What is not included in this service?
- Ability to manage individual computing equipment on behalf of faculties and sections
What can you expect from us
How do I access this service?
The ICT Service Desk is the first point of contact for enquiries regarding the Data Centre. You can also log a support request using ICT self service.
Is there a charge for this service?
Equipment housing in the data centre is funded by the University and provided at no additional cost to staff.
When was this service last reviewed?