What is this service?
ICT is responsible for the telephone services provided to the University of Southern Queensland.
What does this service include?
- Provision of new telephone extensions
- Telephone extension moves and changes
- Provision of analogue and digital handsets
- Provision of Cisco Call Manager VOIP handsets
- Upgrades and enhancements to existing handsets
- PABX support including queuing, ACD, hunt groups and pick-up groups
- Support for problems experienced with handsets
- Management and billing of Telstra fixed and mobile telephone services and contracts
- Maintenance of the Blackberry server
What is not included in this service?
- Support of personal or corporate mobile handsets
- Support of Blackberry mobile phones
What can you expect from us?
||ICT Service Desk
|Telephone Extension Moves and Changes
||Normally allow 2-5 working days for relocation. In periods where there are a significant number of moves happening, ICT requires 10 working days' notice. Requests need to be approved by the staff members' supervisors.
How do I access this service
The ICT Service Desk is the first point of contact for enquiries regarding staff and guest accounts. You can also log a failure or a request for service using ICT self service. Note that requests for telephone extension moves and changes need to be approved by your Supervisor.
Is there a charge for this service?
A single telephone handset is provided free of charge for new staff (permanent position).
Charges apply for upgrading current handsets or for additional phones; relocation of an existing handset within a staff member's current office environment; and additional cabling, if required, for telephone access.
When was the service last reviewed?