Server Hosting Services
What is this service?
Server hosting services include provisioning and management of server infrastructure and include the resources necessary to operate, maintain and monitor requested server infrastructure. This service also provides virtual server provisioning and hosting on its Enterprise Highly Available VMware clusters and virtual servers are provided on Windows and Red Hat Linux platforms.
The general specification for a virtual server is 1 x CPU, 2GB RAM, 20GB Disk. However these are negiotated based on clients requirements. If a physical server is required then we will source quotations for appropriate hardware from USQ's preferred computer hardware vendors.
What does this service include?
- Provision and hosting of VMware Virtual Server on Microsoft Windows or Red Hat Linux Platform as per general specifications of 1 x CPU, 2GB RAM, 20GB Disk
- Negotiation of higher level virtual server specifications if required
- Maintenance, patching and monitoring of the operating system
- Routine backup of servers for disaster recovery purposes and loss of data/files through equipment failure
- Sourcing of quotations for appropriate hardware for physical server requirements, through USQ preferred suppliers
What is not included in this service?
- Support of custom client applications running servers
What can you expect from us
| Service Availability
| Support Hours
|| 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday |
How do I access this service?
The Systems Administration Team is the first point of contact for enquiries regarding the Server Hosting. You can also log a request using ICT self service.
Is there a charge for this service?
Server hosting services is funded by the University and provided at no additional cost to staff.
When was this service last reviewed?