Server Hosting Services
What is this service?
The Server Hosting Services provides virtual server provisioning, personnel and processes as necessary to operate, maintain and monitor requested server infrastructure. The Servers are hosted on ICT's Enterprise Highly Available VMware clusters. Virtual servers can run either Microsoft Windows or Red Hat Linux operating system. Access to these servers will be through Remote Desktop Protocol (for Microsoft Windows servers) and ssh (for Red Hat Linux servers).
The general specification for a virtual server is 1 x vCPU, 4GB RAM, 30GB Disk, however these are negotated based on clients' requirements and if a physical server is required then we will source quotations for appropriate hardware from USQ's preferred computer hardware vendors.
If third party application will run on the requested server then the client is required to facilitate discussions with the vendor of the application to determine accurate server requirements.
What does this service include?
- Provisioning and hosting of VMware Virtual Server
- Negotiation of higher level virtual server specifications if required
- Maintenance, patching and monitoring of the operating system and the Virtual Server
- Configuration changes to the operating system and Virtual Server for systems deployed within this service
- Routine backup of servers for disaster recovery purposes and loss of data/files through equipment failure
- Sourcing of quotations for appropriate hardware for physical server requirements through USQ preferred suppliers
What is not included in this service?
- Ongoing support of custom or third party client applications running on these servers
- Project Management of project(s) requiring such server(s)
What can you expect from us?
| Service Availability
| Support Hours
|| 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday
How do I access this service?
You should fill out a 'Request for New Service' form and attach it with your request to ICT using ICT self service. You can also approach your ICT Relationship Manager with the completed 'Request for New Service' form. If you need further information about this service, you can contact the Enterprise Infrastructure Team.
Is there a charge for this service?
There may be a per server cost for Server hosting services which is determined on a per individual requirement basis.
When was this service last reviewed?