What is this service?
All USQ staff are provided with a centrally maintained email account for Windows and Macintosh desktops. Staff can also use Webmail to access their inboxes when off-campus. For viruses and spam on all incoming email, within mailboxes and on all outgoing email filtering is carried out.
Supported email include Microsoft Outlook for Windows and Microsoft Entourage for Macintosh. Each staff member is assigned 2GB for email and mailboxes are provided once a valid employment record in the HR PeopleSoft System is entered.
What does this service include?
- Provision of an individual mailbox upon commencement of employment. This mailbox includes an Inbox for receiving email (restricted to 2GB) and folders for sent email, calendar, contacts list and others
- Access to email when off-campus via Webmail at https://webmail.usq.edu.au/owa. Staff must login using their USQ network username and password
- The calendar folder provides USQ wide access to diaries and common and shared resources for booking of meetings, events and resources
- A staff entry in the global address book
- Creation, change and deletion of email distribution lists.
- Provision of new mailboxes (additional account/resource account/general account) and setting permissions for resource/general mailboxes
What is not included in this service?
- Access to Outlook personal folders via Webmail
- Increasing mailbox size to greater than 2GB
- Restoration of individual emails or entire mailboxes from backups
What can you expect from us?
| Service Availability
| Support Hours
|| 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday
|| ICT Training provides regular courses on Outlook functions. The full training schedule is available on the Professional Development site
How do I access this service?
The ICT Service Desk is the first point of contact for enquiries regarding email. You can also log a failure or a request for service using ICT self service. Procedures for Email Distribution Lists is also available.
When was this service last reviewed?