USQ Wireless - Setting up Mac
Mac OS X Instructions
Firstly, we will create a new Location called USQ. This is to prevent overwriting any existing networks you have previously setup.
Follow the steps below to create a new location.
1. Click on the wireless icon and select Open Network Preferences.
2. From the drop-down list from Locations, select Edit Locations.
3. Next, click the + sign and rename Untitled to USQ. Then click the Done button.
4. Now we are ready to connect to the USQ network.
In the USQ location, click on Turn Wi-Fi On.
5. You will get the screen below. Click on the Apply button.
6. Click on the drop-down arrow for Network Location and select USQ-Secure from the list.
7. Click on the Advanced button located at the bottom right.
8. Click on the Proxies tab.
9. Tick the Web Proxy (HTTP) box and enter proxy.usq.edu.au and 8000 in the fields under Web Proxy Server.
Tick the Secure Web Proxy (HTTPS) box and enter the same details under Secure Web Proxy Server field.
10. Click OK. Click Apply to finalise the settings, then close the Network Preferences screen.
Well Done! You are now connected to the USQ Wireless network.