Visa requirements

You will require a student visa as a Study Abroad or Exchange student at USQ. Study Abroad and Exchange students apply for the Non-Award student visa.

Upon receipt of your Acceptance of Offer and payment, USQ will send you a Confirmation of Enrolment (Coe) which should be taken to the nearest Australian Diplomatic Post, so that an application for a Student Visa can be lodged.

Students from some countries will be able to apply online for their visa. Further information can be found on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.

Employment and your student visa

People holding a student visa are permitted, by the Australian Government, to work up to 20 hours per week. Students are expected to have the means to support themselves financially throughout their stay and should not rely on getting a part-time job in Australia.