Do you want to make connections with other students? Do you want to meet fellow students in a relaxed atmosphere, either face-to-face or online? Do you want regular access to students who have done your course before and done well? In short, do you want to take advantage of learning from your peers?
If your answer is yes to these questions, then USQ's Meet - Up program sounds like just what you're looking for!
What is Meet-Up?
Meet-Up is a student led program that brings students together who are doing the same course. The sessions can help you understand course content and develop learning skills and are a way to use your study time more effectively. Sessions can also help you prepare for assignments and exams. Meet-Up offers:
- a fun way to learn course material
- sessions run by 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students
- useful study and exam tips
- a good opportunity to meet other students
- sessions run on-campus and online
What is a Meet-Up session like?
- Sessions are run by students who have successfully completed the course.
- Interactive, informal and fun methods of learning.
- Students discuss and work on course material together.
- Helpful tips for assignments and studying for exams.
- Sessions are responsive to students requests and needs.
Watch the video* (5:28 mins) to see for yourself what Meet - Up sessions are like face-to-face.
How do you find out if Meet-Up is in your Courses?
- Check your courses on Study Desk or ask your lecturer
- Ask The Learning Centre email@example.com
Can I access student leader help if Meet-Up is NOT available in my course?
YES: advice and support is available online for ALL USQ Students in the Meet-Up Student Community (MUSC)
Ask a question and a student leader will respond.