Learning and teaching week 2009
The USQ Learning and Teaching Week 2009 commenced on Monday 2 February and concluded on Friday 6 February and had a dedicated focus on the First Year Experience (FYE). The week provided an opportunity to highlight the achievements of USQ staff and showcase exciting new developments in teaching and learning practice at USQ.
The first three days were based on the Toowoomba campus with contributions made from both Springfield and Fraser Coast staff. There were 13 sessions held across the three days. The sessions included:
- keynote address and workshop by internationally acknowledged learning and teaching visiting scholar, Bill Johnston, Assistant Director of the Centre for Academic Practice and Learning Enhancement, University of Strathclyde
launch of the First Year Infusion Toolkit, which is a professional development package designed to provide a stimulus for academics to engage in critical reflection of their own discipline specific practices
- best practice sessions allowing staff to disseminate good practice with their colleagues
- teaching excellence showcases providing an overview of work which led to winning awards and fellowships
- demonstration of the technology enhanced learning laboratory
- workshop providing an introduction of Communities of Practice (CoP)
The second part of the week involved staff participating in a First Year Experience Symposium at QUT.
Program and image gallery
See the Learning and Teaching Week 2009 program and also descriptions and streaming of the presentations. Images are also available to view.
If you would like to contribute to Learning and Teaching Week 2010, please contact LTSU academic development.
USQ Learning & Teaching Week