Urban and Regional Planning LITE Project
The role of this LITE team is to facilitate the integrated developmental design for program, including required media objects and course design for URP1001
The team aims to deliver industry relevant, educationally sound and technologically enhanced URP courses. The courses will be designed using current pedagogical and technologies trends.
By the end of this project, Faculty participants will be able to:
• Design a developmental, integrated program that combines four new URP courses with a range of existing FoES and other Faculty courses
• Utilise the curriculum map of existing FoES and other faculty courses to integrate the following:
- Opportunities for practical application
- Alternative assessments for students enrolled in the program
- Developing student awareness of the relevance of materials in other courses (non-URP
- Selected audio-visual Open Education Resources for the program
- Framing pedagogies for audio-visual resource use in the program
Industry consultation included workshops with experienced practitioners and recent graduates, in private practice as well as local government.
A comprehensive set of workshops with both groups will take place during the program and course design and development phase.
Industry partners will help source course content, evaluate content and write the USQ course material and assessment items.
URP LITE project brochure (PDF 581KB)