Audio Production provides a range of services to support the academic and research activities of USQ and also for external clients.
Facilities and services
Audio Production Suites
Audio Production Studio
The Audio Suites are situated on the second floor of Y Block, USQ Toowoomba Campus. These two suites are used for studio recording, editing, and post-production, to ensure a professional standard of audio is met in all Digital Media Services productions. The acousticly treated recording booths are about 3m x 6m, but other arrangements can be made if a larger space is needed (eg for choirs or bands). Facilities enable staff to capture from and master to most audio formats. High quality portable recording equipment is also available and is often employed for location video productions as well as standalone audio capture.
Services available include:
- digital audio recording and editing
- audio mixing and post-production
- audio post and voice over recording for video productions
- consultation on the use of audio to enhance learning
- location recording
- music and sound design for video and multimedia productions
- format conversions, dubbing, and transfer (including: CD, DAT, minidisc, cassette, and most digital file formats)
- consultation on appropriate audio formats, compression techniques or delivery methods for multimedia and online productions
- sourcing and auditioning acting and voice over talent.
Including audio materials in study packages
USQ staff who wish to have audio materials included in a study package (traditional or online) should include this requirement on the course preproduction form, or consult your Learning Resources Development Officer.
Digital Media Services