The USQ Indigenous Connections event offers a great opportunity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students from Years 7 to 12 to learn the importance of higher education and to experience what University is all about.
Students will attend motivational presentations from successful Indigenous role models, including:
- Sean Choolburra – Comedian
- Elizabeth Tailby – Department of Education
- Yvette Holt – Creative Writer
- Tom Draper – Construction Supervisor, Arrow Energy
They will also have the opportunity to attend University Activity Sessions presented by USQ lecturers and teaching staff from a range of study areas.
The day will also include fun cultural activities like traditional games and dance; bush foods and creating art and music.
Indigenous Connections event promotional flyer (PDF* 150KB).
How to register:
- Download a copy of the 2013 USQ Indigenous Connections event program and registration kit (PDF* 284KB)
- Return a copy of the registration details to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax +61 7 3470 4199.
*This file uses Portable Document Format (PDF) which requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Acrobat Reader maybe obtained from Adobe. Note: users who are unable to access information in the above format should contact us.