Heritage Bank Len Ludgate Scholarship in Information Technology
In 2016, USQ will offer one Heritage Bank Len Ludgate Scholarship in Information Technology.
Len Ludgate was a long-serving Director and Chairman of the Darling Downs Building Society in the years leading-up to the merger with Toowoomba Permanent Building Society that created Heritage in 1981. Mr Ludgate was Chairman of Darling Downs Building Society at the time of the merger and elected to step aside and sit as a Director of the new entity rather than seek the role of Chairman. The scholarship recognises his contribution to Heritage over many years and his role in enabling the merger to take place.
Heritage’s scholarship program at USQ continues a long association between the two organisations. It is one of many ways that Heritage supports the communities in which we operate. These scholarships enhance the opportunities for young people from the region to pursue academic excellence without having to move elsewhere. Scholarships are offered in four areas – HR, Commerce, IT and Marketing – reflecting key skills areas that Heritage is interested in developing. Heritage scholarships not only give financial assistance to students, but also offer the chance to do work experience at the Bank. This provides both academic and real-world training for students, and enhances their life experience and their job-readiness. The scholarship program can identify potential future employees for Heritage; however, in giving added incentives for students to choose USQ, Heritage is also supporting the prosperity of the community overall. USQ is a major contributor to the vitality and prosperity of the region. A vibrant USQ is good for the whole region, not only for the economic stimulus that the University provides, but in the contribution it makes to the skills and capacity of the region’s workforce. The scholarship partnership between Heritage and USQ delivers fantastic opportunities for students, as well as a continuing benefit to the entire region. It’s just another way that Heritage puts People first.
The scholarship will have a maximum value of $4,000.
In addition, the successful applicant may be offered professional work experience with Heritage Bank, as mutually arranged.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status
- continue their studies in a Bachelor of Information Technology Major Applied Computer Science, Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Information Technology Major Information Systems Development, Bachelor of Information Technology Major Networking and Security or Bachelor of Information Technology Major Information Technology Management in Semester 1, 2016
- have completed a minimum of 8 USQ courses
- be enrolled in a minimum of 3 study units in each of Semester 1 and Semester 2
- be studying on-campus or on-line.
- submit a personal statement indicating:
- why they chose to study Information Technology at USQ
- their interest in contributing to the business community
- have a current Grade Point Average of at least 5.5
- demonstrate a history of involvement in their local community.
How to apply
Complete the Scholarship Application Form Continuing USQ Students 2016 (PDF* 221KB) and post the application and all supporting documents to:
Private and Confidential
University of Southern Queensland
Toowoomba QLD 4350
Applications must be received by 5.00pm Friday, 30 October 2015 for Semester 1, 2016.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500