International Postgraduate Research Scholarship
International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) are awarded to Doctor of Philosophy international students undertaking quality research (fundamental or applied) in areas of research specialisation at USQ. The successful applicants will have their tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which covers the student, their spouse and dependants (if any), met by the Australian Government. In addition USQ provides a fortnightly stipend to contribute towards living expenses.
USQ’s strategic research effort is focused in the following areas:
International Postgraduate Research Scholarships carry a yearly stipend of $30 000 per year to the successful applicant. Payments are made on a fortnightly basis over the year. The period of tenure of an award is three years for doctorate studies. Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree will be deducted from the period of tenure.
Scholarship benefits include full tuition fees for a period of 6 semesters (subject to satisfactory progress).
In addition the successful applicant will have access to $5 000 to attend a conference within Australia in the 2nd year of their candidature and attend an overseas conference in the final year.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be eligible to be enrolled full-time in a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at the University of Southern Queensland
- not be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (*Note: Australian permanent resident includes holders of Australian permanent humanitarian visas)
- not previously have held an Australian Government-funding postgraduate research scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of the commencement of benefits
- not be in receipt of similar funding from the Australian Government
- commence the degree by the date set by the University or the scholarship may be withdrawn and reallocated to another applicant.
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date and in writing on the USQ application forms provided
- The scholarship will be paid directly to the student on a fortnightly basis
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
- The scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program or fails to enrol
- The scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient transfers to another institution
- Subject to student visa conditions, a student is permitted to undertake paid work however this must not interfere with the student's study program.
- have applied for enrolment or currently be enrolled in the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program full-time on-campus at USQ
- meet the eligibility entry requirements
- demonstrate outstanding research potential
- scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research capacity and relevance of proposed research to USQ's areas of research concentration
- projects involving human or animal experimentation, including social/psychological research, must conform to NH&MRC guidelines and ethical clearance will be required prior to commencement of any such project.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, applicants must complete and forward the following documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Office of Research Graduate Studies (ORGS) also recommend applicants commence the enrolment process. For enrolment instructions, please refer to the how to apply guide.
To ensure your scholarship application is assessed, scanned copies of the above documentation must be forwarded as one attachment to ORGS, email@example.com and no other office.
Applications have closed.
Further information about this scholarship can be obtained from the Office of Research and Higher Degrees at firstname.lastname@example.org.