International Postgraduate Research Scholarship
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is offering a number of International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) for international students studying the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in 2016.
USQ’s strategic research effort is focused in the following areas:
International Postgraduate Research Scholarships carry a yearly stipend of $30,000 per year to the successful applicant. Payments are made on a fortnightly basis over the year. The period of tenure for a PhD is three years. Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree will be deducted from the period of tenure.
In addition the successful applicants will have their tuition fees, for a period of 6 semesters (subject to satisfactory progress) and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which covers the student, their spouse and dependents (if any), met by the Australian Government.
To be eligible applicants must:
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the USQ to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate;
- be eligible to be enrolled full-time on-campus in a PhD at the USQ;
- be an international student, not an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident;
- not previously have held an AusAID scholarship within two years prior to commencing the IPRS;
- not be in receipt of similar funding from the Australian Government;
- commence the degree by the date set by the University, normally within 12 months of being offered a scholarship.
- Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances.
- The scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program or fails to enrol.
- Subject to student visa conditions, a student is permitted to undertake paid work however this must not interfere with the student's study program.
- must have applied for enrolment or currently be enrolled in the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program full-time on-campus at USQ;
- must meet the eligibility entry requirements;
- must demonstrate outstanding research potential;
- will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, research publications and presentations, research experience, the record of the proposed supervisory team, the quality of the research proposal, and alignment with the University's research priorities.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, scanned copies of the following documentation must be forwarded as one PDF attachment to the ORGS, firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: all applications received at this account will be acknowledged by return email within two working days.
- HDR International Scholarship Application form - IPRS (DOCX 89KB);
- curriculum vitae;
- education qualifications (testamur and all academic transcripts including undergraduate and postgraduate);
- provide a detailed research proposal outline (DOCX79KB);
- a two page summary of your research interests and experiences;
- documentation confirming citizenship;
- provide evidence of English language proficiency by supplying one of the approved language tests, (IELTS or TOEFL) or evidence you have studied for a minimum of 2 years full-time equivalent, within the last five years at a recognised institution where the language of instruction was English;
- a list of any research publications.
Office of Research Graduate Studies (ORGS) also recommend applicants commence the enrolment process. For enrolment instructions, please refer to the how to apply web page.
Further information about this scholarship can be obtained from the Office of Research Graduate Studies email@example.com.