McNab Construction Scholarship
In 2014, USQ will offer one McNab Construction Scholarship.
McNab is a people-focussed, commercial construction company, operating throughout Queensland and New South Wales, and serviced by offices in Toowoomba, Brisbane and Townsville. With a reputation for developing collaborative relationships with clients, consultants and sub-contractors, McNab has secured high levels of repeat business across all market sectors – most recently, the energy sector. We carefully recruit talented people who embrace our company’s service culture and work hard every day to deliver outstanding results for our customers.
McNab has a strong safety culture which is demonstrated with AS 4801 certification for our Health and Safety Management and our inclusion as the only medium-sized construction company invited to the Zero Harm at Work Leadership Forum for Workplace Health and Safety Queensland. We also hold quality and environmental accreditation. We are proud to be a Queensland-owned company, and are strongly committed to contributing to the growth of our people, clients and local communities we operate in.
The scholarship will have a maximum value of $5,000.
The successful applicant may be offered professional work experience in the year of the award, as mutually arranged.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status
- commence their studies in a Bachelor of Construction in Semester 1, 2014 or
- continue their studies in a Bachelor of Construction in Semester 1, 2014
- be enrolled at Toowoomba campus
- be enrolled in a minimum of 3 study units in each of Semester 1 and Semester 2
- be studying on-campus, external or on-line.
- submit a personal statement indicating:
- why they believe they deserve this scholarship
- a description of their career aims and goals
- how the scholarship will assist them to achieve their future career plans
- provide evidence of academic achievement, e.g. high school report card or post-secondary academic history, as applicable
- have a high level of academic achievement
- demonstrate a history of involvement within their school, extracurricular activities or within their local community.
How to apply
Students commencing study in Semester 1, 2014 must complete the USQ Scholarship Application Form (PDF* 147KB).
Students continuing study in Semester 1, 2014 must complete the USQ Continuing Students Scholarships Application Form (PDF* 95KB).
Forward the application and all supporting documents to:
Private and Confidential
The Scholarships Officer
University of Southern Queensland
Toowoomba QLD 4350
Please note the USQ Scholarship Application Forms will be available on this webpage from August.
Applicants completing their Year 12 studies in 2013 must also attach a Statement of Support (PDF 162KB) with their application.
Applicants may be required to attend an interview and are asked to maintain up-to-date USQ Personal Details via UConnect.
Applications must be received by 5.00pm Friday, 25 October 2013 for Semester 1, 2014.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
*This file is in Portable Document Format (PDF) which requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Acrobat Reader may be obtained from Adobe. Users who are unable to access information in PDF should contact Customer Relationship Management Centre, telephone 1800 269 500 to obtain this information in an alternative format.