All services are provided for children, adolescents and adults.
We welcome a broad range of referrals - clinic staff have specialist skills in the areas of:
Clinical psychology involves the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders. It emphasises understanding, preventing and relieving psychologically based distress and dysfunction and promotes subjective well-being and personal development.
Psychologists assist peopleof all ages by using:
- thorough clinical assessment tools, including personality tests, sympton checklists, neuropsychometraic tests
- planned interventions to meet individual client needs
- evidence based treatment approaches
- systematic outcome measures
- reports to referrer.
Health Psychology involves the promotion and maintenance of physical and mental health. It emphasises the psychological factors in the cause, progression and consequences of health and illness.
Health Psychologists assist people in:
- developing and maintaining the behaviours necessary to lead a healthy life.
- preventing illness, particularly where people are at risk of disease or illness.
- understanding, coping and adjusting to living with illness.
- complying with medical procedures and medication.
- helping relatives and friends cope with the illness of others.
General Psychology Practice
General psychological services are offered including the counselling/psychotherapy and support of people who are experiencing stress, lifestyle changes and adjustment issues, relationship problems and other behavioural and emotional difficulties affecting their overall well-being.
Assessment Services Related to:
- Stress and coping
- Adjustment to acute or chronic illness
- Personality issues