How to apply
1. Choose a degree
Choose the degree you want to apply for.
2. Check you meet the entry requirements
Check the degree details to find out its entry requirements.
All students must also meet USQ's English Language Requirements.
3. Collect supporting documentation
Along with your application you will need to also submit certified copies of:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers, such as your passport, national identity card, and student visa.
If your documents aren't in English, you'll need to supply a certified English translation.
4. Submit application
There is no application or assessment fee to apply to study with USQ.
We recommend you use one of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer Version 6.x or later
- Firefox Version 3.x or later
- Opera Version 9.x or later.
Make sure you submit your certified documentation1 to support your application before submitting it. This will ensure we are able to provide a faster turnaround time for your application.
1All attachments must be a total of 5MB or less.
If you are applying to study on-campus in Australia you will also need to download and complete the Direct GTE/GS Evaluation Form and attach it as part of your supporting documents when you are applying online.
Paper application form
If you are unable to apply online, you can download our International Student Application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit for previous study
If you have studied or worked previously you be eligible for credit. Have a look at our Credit Calculator. You can apply for credit within the online application form.
If you’re applying for credit you will need to provide further supporting documentation including:
- A copy of an approved course synopsis for the year in which the subject was successfully completed.
- If your documents aren't in English, you'll need to supply a certified English translation.
Applying for a scholarship is a great way to receive financial support during your studies and an impressive addition to your CV. USQ offers a range of scholarships for international students.
When to apply?
USQ accepts applications all year round. USQ receives thousands of applications each year so it is important to apply early, to make sure you secure a place and to allow time for you to make your necessary study arrangements (e.g. visa, organise family and work commitments). Semester start dates are:
- Semester 2, 2016 - 11 July 2016
- Semester 3, 2016 - 14 November 2016
How long will it take to have my application processed?
Whilst USQ endeavours to process your application to study as soon as possible, the below guide provides examples of the typical application processing times:
- Undergraduate applications allow two to three weeks from the time all supporting certified documentation is submitted.
- Postgraduate coursework applications allow two to three weeks from the time all supporting certified documentation is submitted.
- Postgraduate research applications should allow a minimum of 25 working days for assessment, however this can be impacted by the availability of an appropriate supervisor.