Student checklist for first time users!
- Log into your USQStudyDesk using your USQConnect username and password. Alternatively you can login to USQConnect from the USQ homepage and select a semester. Your USQConnect Username and Password are located on your Enrolment Notice or Letter of Offer for new students.
- You will see a list of current courses you are enrolled in this semester. Click on a course to open the Course Home Page.
Edit your Profile
Once you are inside the USQStudyDesk, click on your name displayed at the top right of the screen
and select the edit profile tab. Click show advanced to ensure your details are correct. It is recommended that you check the following settings:
- Email address: You must keep your preferred email address up to date via USQAdmin
- Email display setting: Select your preferred setting
- Email activated: This should be kept as enabled to ensure you receive emails from your USQStudyDesk
- Email digest type: Select your preferred setting
- Forum tracking: Select Yes: highlight new posts for me. This will highlight any unread forum posts.
Discussion forums are located within the ‘Activities’ block on your course homepage or anywhere you see this icon . Click on forums to see a list of all your course forums. Choose options such as:
- Track: This will highlight any unread posts. If you have set your forum tracking option to ‘yes’ in your profile, and the lecturer has enabled this feature, you may change the setting.
- Subscribed: This setting allows the forum to email you any posts as per your profile setting. Please note: to reply to an email that comes from a Forum post, you must use the "Reply" link at the bottom of the email message and post your reply to the Forum. If you choose Reply from your Inbox as per normal email, you will be unable to reply to the message.
Finding your way around the USQStudyDesk
• To see your course material, select the course content link
• Scroll through the list of weeks on the first page of the course to see activities, tasks, forums and chat sessions relevant to those weeks
• Click participants to view a list of people in the course
• See the latest news block to see important course information
• Upcoming events shows you all events in the calendar
In addition to these features, the USQStudyDesk
course environment contains other features which you are
encouraged to explore.......